Men have pelvic floor muscles too!
A 2013 study published in the Journal of Urology, found that the prevalence of pelvic pain in men is actually approaching the same as in women. They estimate that 1.9 million men are suffering with chronic prostatitis and chronic pelvic pain symptoms in the United States. You are not alone. There are many different conditions that result in pelvic pain and dysfunction in men and we treat many of them here at Lokahi Physical Therapy. We strive to determine the cause of the pelvic floor dysfunction, not just your symptoms, so that your quality of life may be restored.
Conditions treated include, but are not limited to:
· Interstitial cystitis / Painful bladder syndrome
· Urinary urgency and frequency
· Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Pelvic Pain Syndromes:
· Post-prostate cancer treatment
· Extremities, abdominal, and pelvic adhesions